Re: Data replication from DB2 to Oracle

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/07/20

I do a similar thing, in creation of a mini data-mart in Oracle, which is refreshed
nightly. I get a huge text file, delimited by '|' and then SQL *loader to load into a temp table.
I have a query on the mainframe and a similar one on Oracle server. The query then does a mass update
to Oracle server. Not too bad. Just use good old ftp to get the dataset across.

The query on the mainframe should track each day's activity.

Of course, this depends how current u want your data to be and how critical your application is.

The above is a thrifty solution

Raman Batra