HELP! Server Manager /GUI for NT

From: Synergix <abest_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/19

Hello.

My users are complaining about the response time of our server. I read some nice pictures of the Oracle graphical server manager in the user guide which let us check the cache and buffer sizes. This will allow us to determine what caused the slowdown in the server.

I am using Oracle7 Workgroup server for NT 6.3.2.3.1. I followed the user guide and typed the following commands at the DOS prompt:

set ora_svrmgr_mode=screen
set oracle_sid=sys
svrmgr23

This gets me into the line mode svrmgr. I typed monitor, but it returns MGR-04501: monitors are not available from the line mode Server Manager.

Can anyone tell me how to get the graphical Svrmgr running? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!

Rick Kong. Received on Sat Jul 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT