Printing/Oracle connectivity

From: Dave Menendez <dmnendez_at_olivet.edu>
Date: 1997/07/18

I'm a beginner w/Java and was wondering how one would go about sending output to a printer, if that's possible. I know I could probably just open up a "file" called "LPT1:" on the PC, but is there a machine-independent method to do so? And if so, how involved would it be to print a graphic, inversed text, etc.?

Also, what components do I need to connect a remote Java application to an Oracle database server? Are there special classes I need to get from someplace?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Menendez
Database Engineer
Sycamore Associates, Inc.
dmnendez_at_olivet.edu Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT