Query on DB block size

From: Abhijit <adhar_at_theonramp.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

Hi everybody,

can anyone explain this for me ? I have a Oracle RDBMS server on Unix. Now, it so happens that my Unix block size is 8K and the DB block size is 4K. Does it result in space wastage or more I/O ? Why does Oracle say that the Oracle DB block size has to be equal to or multiples of the OS block size ? Could somebody please explain the relation between the OS block size and DB block size.

My e-mail add is adhar_at_theonramp.net..

Thanx..
A Dhar Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT