Re: Sessions, threads, and open_cursors

From: Stan Towianski <stantow_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

Hi,

Is there a parameter in init.ora that specifies that number of sessions allowed per connection?
<
Look in the Oracle 7 Server 'Administrator's Guide', Appendix A (Initialization Parameter Files)

There is one parm. called 'SESSIONS' which by default is derived from 1.1 * PROCESSES.

I do not have SESSIONS in my initprod.ora but I did bump up PROCESSES

processes = 200                                                     # LARGE

But last night I found that 266 cursors were open at once. <
Well that is easy. If you KNOW YOU NEED 266 cursors than give it that. I have:
open_cursors=250 # max allowed per connection #max_open_cursors=5000 # max allowed for all connections in system

Give it 270 or 280.
I don't know off hand if max_open_cursors if valid and if so why it is commented out.

(posted newsgroup reply and sent email)

stantow_at_ibm.net Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT