Re: SHARED_POOL_SIZE Increase Makes a Bstat Little Worse - Why?

From: Stan Towianski <stantow_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

:>You've another problem. Table fetch continued row is indicating 123+ of
:>these per transaction. If possible, you might want to export/import the
:>table(s) generating these, and play with pctfree/pctused. Your options
:>are fewer if LONG's or RAWs are the reason.
:>
:>HTH
:>
:>Steve Moreland
:>smoreland_at_lanvision.com

All our columns are varchar2.
I have a call in to oracle, but have not heard back yet. I see other days with 990 to 1100 per transaction!:

table fetch continued row          11893       991.08       699.59
     .84
table fetch continued row          11893      1081.18       699.59
     .73

Do you know how I can find out which tables those are on? I tried select table_name, chain_cnt, avg_row_len from dba_tables; but they come up blank. I think I have to 'analyze table' to get these col.s filled out right?

Do I have to analyze every table and then look at the chain_cnt to find out which they are? and if so do I have to write my own statements
to analyze all the tables? or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

(posted newsgroup reply and sent email)

stantow_at_ibm.net Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT