how to write a byte into memory in VB4

From: <xuguang_at_icaen.uiowa.edu>
Date: 1997/07/16

Hi: everyone
 I got a question to ask help from you. I am using Visual Basic to write a small data acquisioin and control software for my research experiment.

I use the PCL-720 Lab card to realise the D/A convertion and this analogous signal furtherly acted on the valcuum valve. The address of the PCL-720 card is &H2a0 in PC.

In microsoft Qbasic or QuickBasic I can simply write the following statements: out &h2a0,&h01 ' open the valve, set it at high level.

             out &h2a0,&h00 ' close the valve, set it at low level

I did not find the equivilant syntax in visual basic .

I hope anyone who is familiar with the visual basic can give me a help and I will be grateful.

Note: this is not the serial communication ,it is just the question how to write something directly into the memory. I used the serial communication control successfully.

Thank you very much.

regards,

Xuguang Wu

at: xuguang_at_icaen.uiowa.edu

tel: 319-353-4629
fax: 319-353-4629
tel(o) 319-335-5009 Received on Wed Jul 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT