Re: Q - OWS21: owa_util.cellsprint with parameters in query?

From: Terrence Wong <mingjun_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/16

Gerhard Moeller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a user enter some values, then build a query with
> those values and finally print out a Table with the results of this
> query. Seems to be easy up to here. But as the table can be quite big,
> I would like to use owa_util.cellsprint for printing only 20 records
> at once, then waiting for the next 20 or showing the previous 20.
>
> Unfortunatelly something like
>
> owa_util.cellsprint( 'select * from test.foo where test.foo.bar like
> searchstring', 20, 'Yes', p_start, l_more_data );
>
> with searchstring beeing a PL/SQL variable does not work!
>
> It seems to me that cellsprint only accepts static queries, and I did
> not find cellsprint in the documentation of Ows21.
>
> Do I have to write a PL/SQL procedure with cursors?
>
> Thanks for any hint, Gerhard.
> --
> Dipl. Inform. Gerhard Möller -- Gerhard.Moeller_at_OFFIS.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
>
> OFFIS | | | | | | Tel.: 0441/9722-122
> Escherweg 2 | | | | | | Sekr.: 0441/9722-113 oder -101
> D-26121 Oldenburg |O|F|F|I|S| Fax: 0441/9722-102
I think you are better of with PL/SQL.
I have a similar issue where i used a cursor to extract all required fields and throw them onto a HTML table. Wrote a routine to limit the number of records displayed onto a page. Has previous and next capability.

cellsprint prints the whole chunk, little control.

Hope this enlightens.
Terrence Wong
Systems Developer Received on Wed Jul 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT