Re: SQLPLUS 3.3 Connect Error

From: terryg8 <trg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/15

Bill Richardson wrote:

> Version 3.3 of SQLPLUS comes as part of the new Discoverer 2000 package.
>
> I can't connect to my Oracle Server (version 7.3.2.1.0). I get an
> ORA 12705 error (invalid or unknown NLS parameter specified).
> I can connect with SQLPLUS 2.2 just fine.
>
> Anyone else encountered this problem? Is there anything I can do?
>
> many thanks,
>
> Bill Richardson
> Extension Information Systems
> Virginia Tech
> Blacksburg, Va

Yeah, I've pulled my hair a few times over that one but just yesterday stumbled on to a workaround (at least it works for me).

Tne NLS_LANG parameter in your oracle.ini file is the culprit if your situation is like mine. Get rid of it and the nls_lang gets a default value upon connecting that should work just fine. By the way, you don't have your oracle client software installed on a network do you? Seems to me that local install never had this problem.

Anyway, good luck,
Cheers
Terry Received on Tue Jul 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT