Re: start database automatically

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/07/15

Nathan Hughes wrote:

> Nandan Kalle <kallesn_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> >The services are already configured to start up automatically, and
> >they're starting up fine. However, the services don't start up the
> >database. (I need to go into Instance Manager and startup by hand.)
> >Does anybody know how to configure the database so it starts up as soon
> >as I start the oracle services?
>
> Do you have an OracleStartSID service, as well as the OracleServiceSID?
> Try using oradim to create or recreate the start services:
>
> oradim73 -edit -sid SID -intpwd manager -startmode auto -pfile
> c:\oracle\initSID.ora
>
> --
> /(o\ Nathan D. Hughes
> \o)/ nhughes_at_umich.edu

And remember to check oradim73.log found somewhere in your Oracle home if the command file run by the start service doesn't start the database.

Ciao,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"