NT backup scripts?

From: Derek Magill <dmagill_at_defiant.westel.net>
Date: 1997/07/14

Hi. I have been given the happy task of DBA at my company. While I have had experience with SQL servers in the past (little rinky-dink ones like MSQL for linux), I'm overwhelmed by the complexity of oracle. At present time
we do not have a way to reliably perform an unmanned backup of our database on our NT 4.0 box. I have asked our vendor if they could provide me with some assistance in coming up with a .bat file or a SQL script file that I could schedule that will back things up for us, but they finally said they could not. I know that there are many out there running oracle on NT 4.0 and I would be forever in your debt if you could show me a way to back up this system reliably. We have enough free time to shut down the database, perform a full export, and do a full system backup nightly.

Any help anyone could give would be met with the greatest of appreciation.

Derek Received on Mon Jul 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT