Re: SQL*Net in Win NT

From: Vitaly Sikolenko <vsikolen_at_ru.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/14

Robert Altena wrote:

> It is Possible that I totally misunderstand this situation,
> but why didn't you use OCI? or a third party product that
> uses OCI?
>
> The fact that you can connect using SQL*PLUS indicates that there is
> nothing wrong with the client here.
> Anbazhagan.G wrote in article <01bc89ad$b259ac20$42aa15a5_at_default>...
>
> >Hi ,
> >We have the following problem .
> >We have a Visual C++ application connecting to Oracle database 7.3
 thro
> >SQL*Net under windows 3.11, SQL*Net 2.2. This works fine .This also
> >requires ORAWIN7.dll , COREWIN.dlll , SQL15WIN.dll from SQL*Net 1.1
> work
> >properly.
> >
> >Now we want to migrate to WindowsNT . We have SQL*Net 2.2 only for
> >WindowsNT . I cound connect to oracle using SQLPLUS from Windows NT.
> >However when I tried to use the application , it fails and gives
 the
> >familiar error message ORA - 12154 , Could not resolve service names
 etc
> >etc.
> >Is there a way to make it work ? Can anyone help in this .
> >
> >I can be reached at anbu1_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg
> >
> >Regards
> >Anbu

Check if you have your tnsnames.ora both in WIndows (drive:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN by default) and Windows NT (drive:\ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN by default) folders. Check also whether you have bot 16-bit and 32-bit SQL*Net client installed properly.

--
Vitaly Sikolenko                  Senior Sales Consultant
                                  Server & Gateways

Views and statements expressed here are mine, not necessary those
of Oracle Corporation.