Re: IBM recruiting DBAs for a Web-based survey

From: Anthony Mandic <no_sp.am_at_onecall.com.au>
Date: 1997/07/11

eric pearson wrote:

> I challenge you to provide a list of US customers paying rates where
> the real DBA (not the pimp) is getting > 50$/hr. I'll bet *every* DBA
> I know is making less. Prove your point! I really believe you are
> speaking without fact.If you are speaking truth, I'll call my pimp
> to task ASAP.
	Take a closer look at my domain. Now consider - I've seen
	salaries of upto $150K for DBAs in NY, NY. Converting to
	AUD thats about AUD200K. Which is 3 times more than I was
	earning when salaried and about twice what I'm getting now
	as a contractor. However, the rate depends on your skills
	and the supply/demand scenario. If you think you're worth
	it you should either get a better pimp, tell him earn his
	keep for a change or move to a city that pays more.

-am Received on Fri Jul 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT