NLS Characterset problem on Export/Import

From: Doug Smith <dsmith_at_gulfaero.com>
Date: 1997/07/11

I have the NLS_CHARACTERSET set to WE8ISO8859P1 on a 7.3.2 database on HPUX. When I export a table with foreign characters, truncate the data in the table, and import the data back, the foreign characters are missing and non-foreign characters are in their place. I am doing the export/import on the database server itself, not across sqlnet.

What am I doing wrong ???

I can't find any reference in the manuals as to any option I need to specifiy in the export/import programs.

Thanks !!! Received on Fri Jul 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT