Re: Seeing what's pinned in the shared pool

From: Nathan Hughes <nhughes_at_umd.umich.edu>
Date: 1997/07/10

granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au (Fuzzy) writes:

>I'm looking for a way to see the names of the objects pinned in the
>shared pool. The doco only suggests ways to count hit ratios for
>what's there, without actually naming the objects.

There's a dbms package procedure that will give you teh names of all objects of size > x in teh shared pool - the output of this has a kept column. Don't remember off hand the name of the package - but look at $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmspool.sql for the details.

--
/(o\ Nathan D. Hughes
\o)/ nhughes_at_umich.edu