Re: SQL*Net for FreeBSD

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_saturn.planet.net>
Date: 1997/07/09

Generally, Kevin, Oracle supports the free *nixes insofar as they emulate one of the commercial packages. For example, Linux users can often run SCO or Solaris Oracle packages under the iBCS package.

I don't know FreeBSD, but if it has iBCS, I would try Solaris or SCO clients. Otherwise look for a pure Berkely equivalent in the commercial world, or as close as you can come to a FreeBSD analogue.

hth -

Regards,
jh

Kevin Dick (kevin_at_dick.org) wrote:
: Oracle claims to support SQL*Net clients on FreeBSD. Has anyone out there
: actually used it? If so, can you comment on stability and performance?

: Thanks in advance,

: Kevin Dick
: kevin_at_dick.org

--
Jared Hecker - CODBA      |  ** HWA, Inc. **   Oracle and Sybase
jared_at_hwai.com            |    database architecture and administration