Re: Preventing SQLPLUS access?

From: Atul Ashar <aashar_at_usccmail.bms.com>
Date: 1997/07/09

Hi Aram,

I have had a similar situation. You are right about all non-oracle tools do not check User Product Profile.

However, in your suggestion, user can start a session the way you are suggesting and then when you grant that role to the user, role is granted not just for the session. So, user can still connect to database using MS-Query with a different session before they disconnect from the session which granted them the role.

How do you take care of that?