Re: Script for creating a production database from scratch.

From: Wilson Zhang <wzhang_at_kbg.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

See my comments inserted below.

bogus <bogus_at_ocean.st.usm.edu> wrote in article <33C090A0.4100_at_ocean.st.usm.edu>...

> Can someone please mail or post the database creation script for a
>
> production database.
>
> It will be very helpful if you send me a script which is presently
>
> in use for a production database. I will greatly appriciate for that.

The easiest way is install the server and have it create a starter database. Then delete all database files such as log1.ora, sysorcl.ora, userorcl.ora, etc. Then edit the init*.ora file to change the db_bloack_size to a bigger number(default size is 2048 is just two inefficient, use at least 4096). Run buildall.sql, create_db.sql(These are the by-product of the creation of the starter database) in svrmgr in order.  And you will have a decent production database. If you purchased a lot of options, then before you blow away the starter database, do a full database backup and restore that into the production database.

Wilson Received on Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT