Re: Netware Vs NT with Oracle

From: Ronny Ivarsen <ivarsen_at_online.no>
Date: 1997/07/05

Andrew Walker wrote:

> The company I work for is thinking of networking the office. We have 15
> PCs/users needing access to a server housing an Oracle database.
> We don't know whether to go for Novell Netware or Windows NT. Which
> would perform best? Has anyone got any opinions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy.
> --
> Andrew Walker, Senior Programmer, Advanced Expert Systems Ltd.
I have installed several servers, using both Netware 3.12, Netware 4.10, NT 3.5x and NT 4.0.
My opinion is that running Oracle on NT is easy to get up and running. When you use Netware it is trickier to get up and running and will need more attendance from the DBA, but will give better responce times!

Ronny Ivarsen
ivarsen_at_online.no Received on Sat Jul 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT