Re: Primary keys in a different tablespace than the tables

From: Adrian Shepherd <Adrian.Shepherd_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/07/05

Hello,

The primary key value as such isn't an index , but the index created on this key will contain the values and should be place in a separate tablespace on a separate disk. If I had a table 10 rows , the primary key being 1 to 10, then these values , obviously, are stored in a table data block. The index created on this column will contain rowid's pointing to the indexed column's physical row location as well as the indexed value (1 to 10)

Hope this helps.

Regards

--
Adrian J Shepherd

Annie TANGUY <tanguy_at_concept.fr> wrote in article
<33BD2756.55E0_at_concept.fr>...