Re: Here is a way to crash Solaris using ping!

From: Rick Richardson <rick_at_dgii.com>
Date: 1997/07/04

Mark Heath wrote:

> Have you heard of the SSPING bug? Forge a fragmented ping packet of
> larger than 63336 bytes and bye bye remote host. Apparantly crashes Win95,
> Win NT, MacOS and Some Unix's.

I tried this from my 2.0.28 linux to kill my sons W95 box. It didn't kill his box, but my linux box went "dumb" after that. Still operational, but my linux box couldn't see packets on the network anymore. I really don't have the inclination to try this again.

--
Rick Richardson        Sr. Principal Engr.
Digi Intl.             Email: rick_at_dgii.com