ORA:04092 cannot COMMIT or ROLLBACK in a trigger

From: Øyvind Andersen <oyvind.andersen_at_osl.ifsab.se>
Date: 1997/07/04

Hi!

In a interface from a message delivery system (which is delivered for another software company and which I don't control) I have created a (input) table on the local DB and a view accessing the table from a remote DB. When the remote system inserts a record in the view a trigger is fired on the corresponding local table which call a package I have developed. If any error occurs during the execution of the package I want to roll back the transaction done so far a log the error in a error-log table (in the local DB). The problem is that it isn't allowed to do a rollback i a trigger. And I don't want to raise application_error because then the remote system has to handle the exception and as mentioned I haven't access to that source. I have chosen a trigger because the speed is important.

Do you have any suggestion to solve or a workaround of this problem?

Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Best regards
Øyvind Andersen Received on Fri Jul 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT