Oracle Web Server 2.0

From: rrbatra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/07/03

I am running Oracle WBSrvr 2.0 on NT. I have two web listeners configured. One at the admin. port (9999) and one at port 99. Everything works ok, including PL/SQL packages etc.

My concern is security. Port 99 which is meant for our intranet is mapped to a user's schema. Is there a way to authenticate users by taking their Oracle username and password from a HTML page and then compare it with username and password from sys.dba_users table. I can grant select to the user who's schema is mapped to port 99. How do I comapare the password from the web page (varchar2) to the password field from sys.dba_users?

Maybe there's another way for authentication? Any ideas? Received on Thu Jul 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT