Re: Oracle Documentation Woes

From: Simon Quinn <simon.quinn_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 1997/07/02

On 2 Jul 1997 00:55:54 -0500, jreynold_at_nyx.cs.du.edu wrote:

>Am I the only one out there more than a little frustrated with Oracle's
>Documentation methodology?

No you're not, so am I. This looks as though it is starting to improve.

>Any help would be appreciated. And I'd be interested in hearing peoples'
>opinions on this new .OBD format.

Solaris 7.3.3 comes with HTML based documentation which is excellent. It has most of the Server manuals and some Solaris specific documentation. Also there is a JAVA search tool which looks to have potential but doesn't work properly yet.

I've put the HTML documention onto our Intranet Web server which has solved the problem of passing around manuals.

It looks as though ORACLE will be moving all their documentation onto HTML. Received on Wed Jul 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT