Oracle Documentation Woes

From: <jreynold_at_nyx.cs.du.edu>
Date: 1997/07/02

Am I the only one out there more than a little frustrated with Oracle's Documentation methodology?

We're currently using OWS 7.3.2 on Windows NT and Sun SPARC. Both packages come with docs in this generic Oracle Book format. The motif book reader on UNIX frequently crashes, and the text version doesn't even work (complains about some term settings). The NT version isn't as bad, but the Oracle Book Reader itself is a general nuisence.

What ever happened to the .PDF documentation that came with 7.3.1 on NT? And the HTML docs that installed with Oracle for Solaris x86?

I've heard talk of a conversion program for Oracle Book to HTML... This would be a good starting point, but I can't find it anywhere. Any pointers on where to look for it?

Any help would be appreciated. And I'd be interested in hearing peoples' opinions on this new .OBD format.

Thanks.

Jim. Received on Wed Jul 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT