Re: Undocumented parameter values

From: Brian P. Mac Lean <brian.maclean_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1997/07/02

Motley Crue wrote:

> Anyone has any idea which of the x$* tables stores the value of undocumented
> parameters for init.ora? The table x$ksppi stores the parameter name but the
> table doesn't seem to have a value column. TIA.
>
> --
> Choon Leong

<-------------------------------- SET YOUR WINDOW TO THIS WIDTH FOR BEST
READING -------------------------------------------->

Things got a bit more complicated with v7.3. The following example includes some of the statements I used to figure out what X$ table(s) to use. The final statement is more or less what your looking for.....

SQL_at_testbox:bart->7.3.3> connect sys
Enter password:
Connected.

SQL_at_testbox:bart->7.3.3> set pagesize 24 linesize 132 pause on
SQL_at_testbox:bart->7.3.3> set autotrace on
SQL_at_testbox:bart->7.3.3> select * from v$parameter where 1=2;

no rows selected

Execution Plan

          0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE
          1                  0 FILTER
          2                  1 MERGE JOIN
          3                  2 FIXED TABLE (FULL) OF 'X$KSPPCV'
          4                  2 SORT (JOIN)
          5                  4 FIXED TABLE (FULL) OF 'X$KSPPI'

Statistics

          0  recursive calls
          0  db block gets
          0  consistent gets
          0  physical reads
          0  redo size
        421  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
        417  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
          3  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
          0  sorts (memory)
          0  sorts (disk)
          0  rows processed

SQL_at_testbox:bart->7.3.3> Cselect a.INDX NUM, a.KSPPINM NAME, a.KSPPITY TYPE, a.KSPPDESC DESCRIPTION,
  2 b.KSPPSTVL VALUE, b.KSPPSTDF ISDEFAULT   3 from X$KSPPI a, X$KSPPCV b
  4 where a.indx = b.indx
  5 order by 2;

       NUM
NAME
TYPE

DESCRIPTION
VALUE                                    ISDEFAULT
---------------------------------------- ---------
       234
_affinity_on
1
enable/disable affinity at run time
TRUE                                     TRUE

       117
_allow_resetlogs_corruption
1
allow resetlogs even if it will cause corruption
FALSE                                    TRUE

       130 _bump_highwater_mark_count

-----SNIP----- mailto:brian.maclean_at_teldta.com

We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form into teams
we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new
sitiation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the
illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization."

        Petronius Arbiter 210 B.C. Received on Wed Jul 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT