Memory on Unix - ORACLE SGA

From: Helen Vanderheide <Helen.Vanderheide_at_telus.com>
Date: 1997/07/02

How do you know whether part of your SGA gets swapped or paged out of memory?

I want to ensure that the whole SGA stays in memory all of the time.

When I do a: ipcs -mb I see that the active shared memory segment sizes owned by oracle is the same size as my SGA, so I am assuming that the whole SGA is in memory.

Can shared memory segments get swapped out? Received on Wed Jul 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT