Re: Max SGA/Global Section with Oracle 7.1.5 on AlphaVms 6.2

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1997/07/02

I run a 512Meg SGA on a 3-cpu Alpha 2100 with 1.5 gigs memory, 60gig+ database. Watch your pgflquota for your users and any 'started tasks' that might have hardcoded some values in their startup. ORACLE7 needs 2000000 pgflquo, users need 1700000. Your installation may vary depending on what you have running and your SGA size. Follow the calculations in the installation guide. If ORACLE doesn't start or your users can't connect, make the values bigger and try again.

Wayne Linton
Shell Canada Ltd.