startup and shutdown.....

From: V.K. Sundaresan <sundarvk_at_ntserver1.photodisc.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

Hi all,
We have a web commerce system that has Oracle 7.3.2 as backend.

My Question is :
When we need to take down the system, we run the dbshut and it waits there
till all the users logged out.

So we decided to write a batch script that gets into svrmgr and execute

> connect internal
> shutdown immediate
> startup .................? Do I have to go to mount stage or open stage
 for oracle to recover
> shutdown normal

I would like to get an insight on what you think?

thanks
vk Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT