Re: Oracle stored procs

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

From: "David Wetzel" <dwetzel1_at_rodalepress.com> It's beginning to look to me like Oracle can only handle sp's that deal with one and only one row. That can't be right, I must be doing something wrong. <<<

Oracle database stored procedures can process any number of rows, but do not normally return anything to the caller. You can declare 'out' variable and return values to the caller, but not entire result sets.

You can print entire result sets on the screen with pl*sql code or from a procedure using the dbms_output package. Also there is a package new to 7.3 that allows access to cursor row values fetched in another package, but I am not familiar with it but saw some code somewhere. You could check the rdbms/admin library.

Good luck.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT