Oracle Support, How bad is it?

From: Kevin Brand <kbrand_at_gtetel.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

I informed oracle support of a serious issue with the 7.3.2.2 engine that was preventing users and developers from getting much work done. This 'problem' was characterized by multiple internal errors resulting from DML operations.

I emailed trace files and excerpts from the alert log to the 'engineer?' that requested them one week ago today. Since then, I've made three call backs, with virtually no response. When I talked to the Duty Manager ( whatever that is I guess I'll never know ), she basically told me via voice mail that I was on the list and when I get to the top of the list, my TAR would be assigned. Unbelievable.

If it takes more than a week for a priority 2 problem, does that mean that a priority 1 ( Server down ) could take a few days? Wow!

I am not impressed. I guess I'm just spoiled on the level of support Informix offers their customers. Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT