From: Bill <bbailey_at_iag.net>
Date: 1997/07/01

Hello,

I am in a bind over how to load RAW data into Oracle and would really appreciate any help I can recieve. Following are some specifics...

I am trying to load a ".sq2" sequence file output by a cobol program and then sent to the printer to output one record at a time on a pre-printed form. I wish to store the records (approx. 81 lines long)as a single record in Oracle. I have been trying SQLLOAD with the TERMINATED BY clause (I have inserted a "+" sign at the beginning of every record using "sed". I have even used the "DIRECT=TRUE" option to no avail. I have also created my table using (RAW, VARCHAR, LONG RAW, LONG) datatypes with varying success, but each time I get records only one line long (I think Oracle is reading the newline chars or something)  Maybe datatypes, table design, or some other SQLLOAD option I am unaware of is my stumbling block.
Again, any assistance will be appreciate.

Bill Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT