Re: PLS-00323 error

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/07/01

In article <33B444A3.3CE2C210_at_pantheon.yale.edu>, bb74_at_pantheon.yale.edu says...

>Hi!!
>
>Is anyone familiar with the following error message:
>
>PLS-00323: subprogram or cursor 'CREATE_EMPLOYEE' is declared in
>a package specification and must be defined in the package body
>
>I tried recompiling the database package header and body after changing
>the procedure name hoping it would work... no luck!
>
>I'd appreciate any feedback...
>
>Thanks,
>
>B.

I had the same error message last week in a procedure that passes about 25 parameters. I had a missing parameter in either the package header or the package body. I don't remember which. Anyway when I fixed the parameter list everything was fine. I would have expected an error telling me that there was a parameter mismatch but I guess we can't expect Oracle to be perfect.

Good luck,
Rona Crystal

Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To
respond personally to this post, remove all strings beginning and
ending with #.  i.e.  j#xx#doe_at_my#yy#comp.com becomes jdoe_at_mycomp.com
All opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of any other individual or organization.