Oracle stored procs

From: David Wetzel <dwetzel1_at_rodalepress.com>
Date: 1997/06/30

Okay, I'm confused... I want to write a stored proc that does something similar to this:

create proc show_dept(dept_id number)
is
begin

	select emp, job, sal
	from emp
	where deptno= dept_id;

end;

In other words, I want to run a report that returns any number of rows based on inputted data.

It's beginning to look to me like Oracle can only handle sp's that deal with one and only one row. That can't be right, I must be doing something wrong. Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT