Re: Here is a way to crash Solaris using ping!

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/06/30

The Nemasys <REMOVE_ME_admin_at_nemasystech.com> writes:

>Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

>> I heard a rumor that the following ping crashes some SPARCs running
>> 2.5.1.
>> ping -sv -i 127.0.0.1 224.0.0.1
>> I haven't had the chance to try it myself yet. My machine is busy right
>> now and I dont want to risk crashing it at this time.

>Sure does! And quickly too. I tried it onn several systems (2.4-2.5.1,
>patched and unpatched), same results.

Thanks for confirming this. Now I dont have to try it out on my Solaris machine. I tried different variations of this on my Linux machine and it didn't even make it hiccup much less reboot.

Now that we all know a quick easy way to crash Solaris, does anyone know of a similar way to crash most Linux boxes?

Atif 'evil' Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT