Re: Hot backup question

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1997/06/30

Hello Qun,

I think you've lost the context. This was a question about cloning and renaming a database, which would require a resetlogs open, and which would not involve applying any archived redo. Therefore, the presence or otherwise to the online redo log files from the cold backup is a matter of indifference. If we had been talking about recovery and restoration, I would agree with you emphatically.

Regards, Steve