Re: problem on webserver with utl_file package on oracle 7.3.3

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/29

I must be missing something here, where are the calls to htp? You don't seem to be generating a page at all? Maybe if you generated some output it would work OK.

On 27 Jun 1997 20:20:54 GMT, zhen_at_wam.umd.edu (Zhencan Fan) wrote:

>I was wonder if anyone has encountered this problem:
>
>Oracle: 7.3.3 on solaris 2.5
>Webserver: 2.1 or 3.0
>package: UTL_FILE
>
>the following is the PL/SQL code
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE utlfile1
>IS
>
> v_outfile UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
> filedate VARCHAR2(20);
> filename VARCHAR2(20);
>BEGIN
> filedate := TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS');
> filename := 'DupF-' || TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'HH24MISS');
> v_outfile := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('/tmp', filename, 'w');
>
> utl_file.putf(v_outfile, ' report created: ' ||
>filedate || '\n\n\n');
>
> utl_file.putf(v_outfile, '***Broadcaster: ');
> utl_file.putf(v_outfile, '\n');
> utl_file.fclose(V_outfile);
>END;
>
>I can run this procedure from sqlplus with no problem (the actual would be generated after
>the run). But if I call it from the web, the web server returns an error message like
>"internal error".
>
>notice there are only a few line in the procedure. If I get rid of the functions related to
>UTL_FILE (like FOPEN etc), I can call it from the web without any problem at all.
>
>Anyone has a clue? I've contacted Oracle Technical support, to no avail.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sun Jun 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT