Re: Set Role From a Stored Procedure

From: Aram Meguerian <aram_at_unisys.com.br>
Date: 1997/06/29

> > roles are never enabled in a stored procedure.. setting a role in a
 stored
> > procedure won't work. In the supplied example, the parse succeeded,
 but the
> > execute of the statement (only DDL is implicitly execute with dbms_sql,
 set role
> > is not ddl) never took place. Modify the routine to be:

      We are doing that, but I think we used the DBMS_SESSION package    and an specific procedure inside it that can "SET ROLE" ...

                     Aram Meguerian
                     aram_at_unisys.com.br

  TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
                                           by Robert A. Heinlein
     I don't work at Unisys, it is just my Internet Provider,
     so don't blame it for anything I have just said.