export/import on Personal Oracle 7 (IMP or IMP72) Windows 95

From: Mesbah U. Ahmed <MAhmed_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu>
Date: 1997/06/27

1A. Obviously, I am a novice in Oracle (just a self-learner). When I export a table from a user, say,Scott/Tiger to one of my test username, say testuser, it works fine as long as I am working on the same computer (i.e in my home system). When I bring the diskette to my office system, and try to import the exported tables into the identical user testuser, I get the following error message "Only DBA can import a file exported by another DBA".

I have granted all possible roles and privileges to testuser using the navigator (including the DBA role). I have also given the ADMIN OPTION to testuser in my office system for the DBA role using SQLPlus3.2 from System/Manager. However, my home system imports the exported file even without ADMIN OPTION. What am I doing wrong here?

1B. By the way, is DBA a superuser in Wnodows95 version of Personal Oracle? What is his/her password?

2. What is the difference between IMP and IMP72 (EXP and EXP72)? 3. Can I use import/export to import/export selected database objects besides tables?

Thanks in advance. Any comments would be highly appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT