Re: Creating a DB from scratch on UNIX (AIX)

From: Neil Chandler <tcnec_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1997/06/27

In article <dischner-ya02408000R2606971747080001_at_news.lrz-muenchen.de>, Anton Dischner wrote:

Carlo,

Creating by hand is not that difficult, but you must get the steps correct:

Set your ORACLE_SID to the name of your new database Do the CREATE DATABASE command, including all of the parameters Catalog the Oracle internals
Catalog any other bits and pieces you may need (e.g. PL/SQL) Create additional tablespaces
Create a rollback segment in the SYSTEM tablespace and on-line it Create other rollback segments in RBS tablespace, and off-line  and drop the one you created in SYSTEM
Create users.

There are cr_db* scripts, and I would recommend that you look at them

If you drop me an e-mail, I will send you the 'standard' scripts that I use. All I do is modify these for each instance I require

As for reading, get The Oracle DBA Handbook IBSN:0-07-881182-1 ($35) as it is a bit easer going than manuals

regs

Neil Chandler.
Neil_Chandler_at_Stratus.com