Re: Owarepl : Is this a bug or feature?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/06/27

tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) writes:

>Right now, it already does pass the query_string on through (owarepl does,
>OWA does not) when using GET but it also parses it out. Try ...

I have looked at the source of owarepl in more detail and have tried a few things but have not been able to change it so that it does not parse out the query_string.

I have written a function that examines the query_string and parses it. Is it possible to not feed any data to a procedure and only make the environment variables available to it?

If not then what is a good way to process say, shopping basket data? When you know the types of variables coming in, but not the number.

How would you change the following take_order procedure to handle this, keeping in mind that the number of variables can change?

dcd/owa/showenv?product1=pencil&qty1=20&product2=camera&qty2=1

create procedure take_order( product1 in varchar2, qty1 in varchar2 ) is begin

   owa_util.print_cgi_env;
end;
/

I can also think of another example of dynamic forms. Forms with checkboxes. I have noticed that if a user does not select a checkbox, neither the variable nor the value is passed. Here is how I have been putting them in my forms.

<INPUT type="checkbox" NAME="checkbox1" value="1">

For now I am handling them in a rather ugly way. If there are more than a couple of checkboxes in a form, it gets super ugly. I am sure I am missing something very basic and would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT