Re: Set Role From a Stored Procedure

From: Chad M. Hegerty <chad.hegerty_at_rossnutrition.com>
Date: 1997/06/26

We did this within a package, which is very similar.

We define ReturnCode as an integer

ReturnCode := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
DBMS_SQL.PARSE(ReturnCode, '<grant statement goes here>', dbms_sql.v7); DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(ReturnCode);

The only problem that we had was that we had to grant the owner of the package explicit GRANT ANY ROLE rights. Even with the owner having the DBA role it didn't work.

Hope it helps.

--
Chad Hegerty (chad.hegerty_at_rossnutrition.com)
Ross Products Division - Abbott Laboratories

Bob England <rengland_at_apci.net> wrote in article
<5osl23$npq_at_queeg.apci.net>...