Re: Oracle vs. Sybase

From: Joe Trubisz <trubisz_at_cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: 1997/06/26

Mike Gallagher (mgallagh_at_olf.com) wrote:

: Nuno Souto wrote:

: >
: > David Wetzel wrote:
: > > A new voice in the wilderness...
: >
: > Welcome to the howling.... <G>
: >

[ many snips here ]

You know what I find depressing about this whole thread: with the exception of 1 (possibly 2) responses, a person who started this by asking a simple question, caused a bunch of so-called professionals to vent themselves and argue, the same way a bunch of teenagers would at McDonalds on a Friday night, trying to prove that their Ford's are better than the other persons Chevy.

All these database systems are tools to do a job, and if the tool works for you, then the tool is a good tool. It depends on the person using it.

I wonder of the originator of this thread ever got what he feels was a 'adequate response'?

Joe Trubisz
Dept. of Computer Science
SUNY Stony Brook
Stony Brook, NY 11794

PS: I know someone will make this comment, but I'm not an academic, but have and am in industry for 27+ years and worked on all the DBMSs and even their internals for some products. Received on Thu Jun 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT