Re: Preventing SQLPLUS access?

From: Aram Meguerian <aram_at_unisys.com.br>
Date: 1997/06/26

Joe McSheffery <joe_at_vulcan.achq.dnd.ca> escreveu no artigo <33B1F69A.4CC7_at_vulcan.achq.dnd.ca>...
> Jurij Modic wrote:

 outside

> The best way I have found is to use the "Product User Profile"
> feature of ORACLE. The only reference I have here at home is in the
> "Oracle DBA Handbook" by Kevin Loney (Pages 298-299 and 400). I think
> the Oracle Doc set ref is in the Installation Guide or the
> Administrators User Guide, I'm not sure.
>
> Basically what the "Product User Profile" feature allows is for the
> DBA to specify what what use/access the users have to what "ORACLE"
> products.

     Unfortunately, PRODUCT_USER_INFO seems to be searched by the Oracle    product and not by the RDBMS at connect time, so if your user is a    smart (or not so dumb) he/she will be able to connect to your database    using an insidious Microsoft product named MS Query, a component of    the Officce 'suite'.

      The way we are trying to solve it is to issue to every user a    account with on create session and execute on a security package.    On connection time the application run some procedures and functions    of the package at the rigth order and a role (with password) is set    to the user. (default procedure everywhere I look)

      More still, I and the Oracle support analyst here are seeing if    a trigger on the AUD$ audit table with the audit on for all connect    tries will do the job of preventing that even if you have a above    the media smart user, he/she will not be able to connect from    anything but the application he/she have permission to run.

      The support here is seeing if creating a trigger on AUD$ is at the    same level that tampering with the dictionary itself. I hope not.

      Hope it helps,

--

                     Aram Meguerian
                     aram_at_unisys.com.br

  TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
                                           by Robert A. Heinlein
     I don't work at Unisys, it is just my Internet Provider,
     so don't blame it for anything I have just said.