Measuring memory leakage? OWS...

From: Lane W. Sharman <lane_at_san.rr.com>
Date: 1997/06/25

I have successfully implemented the OWS 3.0 for a >largish< perl application using the ows perl cartridge. The performance results were indeed astonishing especially as it pertained to overall throughput for cgi functions in perl with a data base connection.

My concern is that I may be inducing memory leaks. I run on Solaris 2.5.1. I am really unsure about how to test that the perl cartridge/ows request broker, largely written in c, is not introducing memory leakage which over the course of 1,8,80 hours of continuous operation will degrade to the point of exhausting real and virtual memory.

Is there a clean and reliable technique to measure memory leakage?

--
Lane Sharman
lane_at_bienlogic.com