Re: Drop column help

From: Chaudry Q. Ahmad <chaudry_at_newcad1.mit.edu>
Date: 1997/06/25

Hi Jane,

You can do this with create table command. Here is how you can remove that column.

create table b as select col1,col2,... from table a ;

where table a is your original table and in the select statement don't include the column that you want to drop. After the new table is created drop the orginal one.

To play safe, I would backup the original table before doing this.

good luck !!

Jane Mikityanskaya <jane_at_hnrc.tufts.edu> wrote in article <33A5AC39.FCF0B165_at_hnrc.tufts.edu>...