Calling OS executables from within a stored procedure

From: Tim Waggoner <Tim_Waggoner_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

Does anyone know a good way to call an external program from within a stored procedure and receive a response? I know that I could probably use DBMS_PIPE. I'm just not sure how to block other writers to the pipe before I read the response. This external program will be called fairly often so concurrency and performance will be an issue.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Jun 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT