Re: NT Oracle7.2 - dates problem

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

Andy Hardy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm perplexed about the following problem where I'm inserting a system
> date into a table:
>
> insert into my_table (status_date) values (select sysdate from dual);
>
> select to_char(status_date, 'HH24:MI:SS') from my_table;
>
> The sysdate is 16:45, but the retrieval from my_table shows it to be
> 04:45 - i.e. I'm consistently getting values which are out by 12 hours.
>
> What's happening?
>
> and how do I stop it...
>
> Andy
> Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

Check to see that your Oracle-processes are using correct timezone. I don't know if this is relevant on NT, but on UNIX it is possible to use different timezone (TZ) for interactive users and Oracle background processes producing 'wrong' sysdates.

Hope this helps

--

Timo Haatainen
Carelcomp Forest Oy