Re: Replicating LONG

From: Serg Mesyatz <moon_at_astral.carrier.kiev.ua>
Date: 1997/06/24

Hello Chang!

19 Jun 97 23:56, Chang H. Im wrote to All:

 CI> Oracle7 document says that LONG column cannot be  CI> replicated through snapshot.

 CI> How do people replicate LONG data?

 CI> I am new to Oracle replication and I'd appreciate
 CI> any suggestions.  I am also interested in response
 CI> from Oracle on this.

We had the same problem few month ago. We posted some questions about subject to this newsgroup and i can remember some advises from guys. Here they are:
1. Somebody said: (Probably) Oracle8 will support replication of LONG. 2. Somebody said: We wrote function to replicate LONG, but it length of LONG is less than 32K. (!?)

LONG Replication was really a sad thing for us. Finally, We refused from using LONG, rebuilded 25% of our ready to use application and turn to storing our long data in RAW arrays :(. It works now.

Best regards
Serge Mesyat

---
 * Origin:  default origin  (2:463/113.31)