How do you backup a live database?

From: Curtis Preston <curtis_at_pencom.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

In article <5o6tju$t31$1_at_NNTP.MsState.Edu>, From aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu (Atif Ahmad Khan), the following was written:
> I have Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.* running under Solaris X86
> 2.5.1. I have been given a 32GB DAT drive and asked to come up with a
> good backup solution. I am not much concerned about the system
> backups as it doesn't change much every day. However some tables in
> the database change every minute. Even if I were to export these
> tables and do an incremental backup, I cant possibly keep the backup
> up to date. There will be records lost if the drive were to crash in
> the middle.> .

Check out the article I had published on Oracle backups:

http://miso.wwa.com/~curtis (look for the link to oraback.sh)

Soon the URL will be:

http://www.backupcentral.com Received on Tue Jun 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT